As you can see man’s best friend can make an adorable addition to any wedding party. If you love your pet and want to include a Wedding Day Dog in your ceremony here are a few questions you should ask yourself while you are planning. Also, enjoy these wedding day dogs from some of Planterra’s past events!
1. Does my venue allow pets? Are there specific rules regarding pets?
2. Will your dog behave at the venue and in front of the guests? You know your dog best and should keep his temperment in mind when planning his role in the day. You may want to practice at the venue with your pup and don’t forget the treats!
3. Do you have any guests that will have a problem having the dog there? Guests with severe allergies or fears might be uncomfortable having a dog around, so be sure you are able to keep your guests at ease.
4. Who will mind the pup and what is the plan for after the ceremony? You will be preoccupied that day and need a specific plan on who will handle the dog before, during and after the ceremony.
5. How can I make my dog look it’s best? We recommend a bath and a good brushing. And don’t forget to have fun with floral. A simple floral or greenery collar is a lovely touch.