Browse the list of current open positions with planterra’s events team or with our corporate plantscaping division.
Planterra Events Positions
Excellent weekend job opportunity working on event and wedding productions. This job occurs at a single location in West Bloomfield. Work entails prepping the event space, event set-up, event take-down and clean-up/closing. Multiple shifts are offered on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. The day shift is 9AM to 6PM. The evening shift is 7PM to 2AM. Schedules are established in advance for each season. We are hiring for the fall season which will begin on September 2nd and will go through December 31st. Training and orientation will occur on select dates in July and August. Work environment is friendly and creative with a culture of reliability and meeting deadlines.
Job duties include:
- Execute event set-ups according to the design/layout
- Follow instructions from the Manager on Duty
- Prepping, sweeping and maintenance of general cleanliness in the event space.
- Set-up and take down of tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces and other event equipment or props.
- Doing what it takes to ensure the event starts on schedule.
- Keep entrances and walkways clear of debris, equipment and snow and ice in the winter.
- Reliable attendance
- Able to safely grip, lift and carry goods weighing up 50 lbs.
- Requires full physical mobility for the entire duration of the shift such as walking, use of carts, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Detail orientated
- Strong sense of urgency
- Education: High school or equivalent
- Primary environment is indoors in a Conservatory or warehouse setting, though some duties require being outdoors.
- Exposure to potential hazards such as broken glass, hot candle wax, or slippery conditions.
- Must be able to work in humid conditions and not have issues with heat.
We will be holding interviews on Saturday, July 9th. Please respond with your resume, qualifications and contact information to reserve your interview slot.
For Plantscaping or Horticulture Positions Please Visit
2017 Open Fridays
2017 Open Saturdays